Cowes - New Footpath Construction - Justice Road - COMPLETED
Notice of Works
Bass Coast Shire has appointed contractors Steve Wheatley Concreting Pty Ltd under our annual supply contract to carry out a further extension of a new footpath along Justice Road between Hobsons Parade and Church Street, Cowes. See map below.
Construction works will be starting the week of 24 May 2021 and is anticipated to be completed within 3 weeks, subject to favourable weather and contractor availability. These works are partly funded by Council and Developer Contributions in in the order of $45,000 and is part of Council’s 2020/21 Capital Works Program.
Benefits to the Community
The aim of this project is to improve access for pedestrians for the community. These works will give residents along the streets and the greater area, a safe pedestrian connection to existing footpath network.
What to Expect
- Construction of new 250 metre long, 1.5m wide path with 100mm thick fibre reinforced concrete and 125mm thick at driveways to link from recently constructed path at Hobsons Parade to Church Street. Telstra service pit adjustments have been completed.
- For safety reasons, this section of the new pathway will be a construction zone. Appropriate traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works.
- The use of plant and machinery including noisy works such as earthworks, saw cutting and use of trucks delivering concrete.
- As part of these works, new concrete may be placed through landowner’s driveways. Access to their properties will be restricted for a four-day period following from when the concrete is poured. This is required to allow the concrete to set properly before any vehicles can use the driveway. Our contractor will advise them, in advance, of any works affecting access to their properties.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to nearby properties and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website. A letter drop and mail out will be undertaken to adjacent landowners affected by these works.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- Steve Wheatley – Site Supervisor – 0419 003 052
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – John Dordevic or Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Phillip Pritchard on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.