Cowes Leisure Centre - Carpark Upgrade - COMPLETED
Wiltrack Earthmoving Pty Ltd has been engaged to undertake upgrade works to the carpark at the Cowes Leisure Centre as part of 2019/20 Capital Works Program.
These works will ensure the upgraded carpark meets DDA compliance and will include the following:
- Demolition of existing kerbs, remove existing asphalt.
- Drainage working including the extension of drainage line connecting to new SEP, new kerbs, new side entry pits and modification to existing side entry pit.
- Construction of new pavement to match new asphalt levels.
- Modification to entry to pathway and handrail to match new levels.
- Installation of 2 disable carparking spaces
- Landscaping works.
Council acknowledges that it can be a challenge to deliver the necessary works and not affect the public accessing the Cowes Leisure Centre or nearby road users, especially when much of the work is determined by weather conditions. It is anticipated these works will start today (Friday, 15 May 2020) and be completed within 4 weeks, weather permitting. These works are fully funded by Council in the value of $60,000.
What to expect:
- It is expected that there will be reduced car parking during the work.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy works such as earthworks and use of trucks for removal and disposal of excess material.
- Council and our contractor will notify nearby residents and businesses that may be impacted by these works, in order to minimise disruptions and allow the successful completion of the work.
- Appropriate traffic control measures will be implemented onsite during these works.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- Wiltrack Earthmoving – Site Supervisor – Michael Wilson – 0409 560 886
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – David Vaea – Capital Project Officer (Civil) on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.