Cowes - In-ground Up-lights - Thompson Avenue
Notice of Works
Bass Coast Shire Council has engaged an electrical contractor Cowes Electrical to renew existing in-ground up lights at five cypress trees in Thompson Avenue between Chapel Street and The Esplanade, Cowes. The works are anticipated to start on Monday 11 October and finished by 15 November 2021.
Benefits to the Community
The aim of this work is to complete the accessibility to power for the Christmas lights project and to reinstate the existing under tree lights. This project is part of the Victorian State Government Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Initiative.
What to Expect
- Disconnect and remove 9 existing 240 volt in ground up lights to be replaced with new LED lights.
- Installation of an electrical pit at each cypress tree to accommodate a 240 volt twin weather proof outlet with LED driver as required for new LED up lights.
- Supply and installation of all new lights and cables.
- All works will be conducted during normal business opening hours, apart from a night test for setting the in-ground uplights and commissioning, once completed.
- Appropriate pedestrian control measures will be implemented at the sites shown below This may also impact on some carparking spaces near these locations not being available during these works. Temporary fencing will be erected late Sunday afternoon 10th October 2021 and removed Friday afternoon 15th of October 2021.
- The use of plant and machinery including noisy and vibration works for construction including saw cutting, use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to nearby businesses and properties. The contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during the construction period. The Friends of the Golden Cypress Tree group have been consulted about this project plus affected businesses.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website, where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- Cowes Electrical Services Pty Ltd – Site Supervisor – Vince Colella – 0407 177 790
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Visitor Economy and Events Team, Janine Temme on 0403 603 340 or 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211 (business hours Monday to Friday)
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.