Cowes - Footpath Renewal Works - Roydon Avenue - COMPLETED
Bass Coast Shire has appointed contractors Steve Wheatley Concreting Pty Ltd under our annual supply contract to carry out renewal of footpath works along Roydon Road, Cowes. See map below
Construction works will start the week of 22 January 2021 and completion is anticipated within 2 weeks, subject to favourable weather and contractor availability. These works are fully funded by Council in the order of $16,000 and are part of Council’s 2020/21 Capital Works Program.
Benefits to the community
The aim of this project is to improve access for pedestrians for the community. These works will give residents along the streets and the greater area, a safe pedestrian connection to existing footpath network and provide connection to the existing paths.
What to expect
- Renewal and construction of 35 metre long, 1.5m wide path with 100mm thick fibre reinforced concrete in Roydon Road, Cowes.
- For safety reasons, this section of the new pathway will be a construction zone. Appropriate traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works.
- The use of plant and machinery including noisy works such as earthworks, saw cutting and use of trucks delivering concrete.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to nearby properties and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website. A letter drop and mail out will be undertaken to adjacent landowners affected by these works.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- Steve Wheatley – Site Supervisor – 0419 003 052
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Marlene Battista or Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Phillip Pritchard on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.