Cowes - Drainage Renewal Works - Settlement Road - COMPLETED
You’ll find on this page:
Notice of Works
Bass Coast Shire Council has appointed SR Excavations Pty Ltd as part of our annual supply contracts to carry out stormwater drainage renewal works at Settlement Road Cowes. See map of location of works attached.
Construction works will start from the week of 1st February 2022 and completion is anticipated within 4 weeks, subject to favourable weather, contractor availability and any potential Covid-19 restrictions imposed by the State Government. These works are fully funded by Council in the order of $89,000 and are part of Council’s 2021/22 Capital Works Asset Renewal Program.
Benefits to the Community
- This project is an important part of the Stormwater Drainage Renewal Program under the Drainage Services Asset Management Plan 2020 – 2024 and will ensure delivery of the adopted Community Service levels.
- These works will help increase stormwater capacity, renew existing pipes and alleviate local inundation experienced at the rear of a few properties.
What to Expect
- Construction of new underground stormwater drainage pipes/pits and modification of existing drainage infrastructure works which will be carried through uni-directional boring within the drainage easement at property 59 McKenzie Street as shown on map. All other drainage works will be done through open trench excavation. See the map attached.
- Most of the works undertaken will be at the rear of property numbers 276 to 284 Settlement Road and 59 & 57 McKenzie Road.
- Reinstatement works for the easement drainage. The level of reinstatement shall consist of top-soiling to ground level and grass seeding only.
- For safety reasons, these drainage works will be a construction zone. Appropriate traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works. Local and emergency access to properties will be maintained at all times.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy and vibration works such as boring, earthworks, saw cutting and use of trucks delivering materials including removal or delivery of other materials to site.
- We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to adjacent properties and we ask for your patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs, where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- SR Excavations Pty Ltd – Brad Hewton – 0429 598 819
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Faisal Javaid – Project Manager or Dulee Menik on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.