Cowes - Drainage Renewal Works - Church Street
Notice of Works
Bass Coast Shire Council has appointed SR Excavations Pty Ltd as part of our annual supply contracts to carry out stormwater drainage renewal works at Church Street Cowes between properties no. 181 & 183 which. See map of location of works below.
Construction works will start the week of 6 September 2021 and completion is anticipated within 4 weeks, subject to favourable weather and any potential Covid-19 restrictions imposed by the State Government. These works are fully funded by Council in the order of $65,000 and are part of Council’s 2021/22 Capital Works Asset Renewal Program.
Benefits to the Community
- This project is an important part of the Stormwater Drainage Renewal Program under the Drainage Services Asset Management Plan 2020 – 2024 and will ensure delivery of the adopted Community Service levels.
- Improvement of underground stormwater drain system around 181 Church Street Cowes as result of existing flooding problems.
What to Expect
- Construction of new underground stormwater drainage pipes/pits and modification of existing drainage infrastructure between 181 & 183 Church Street Cowes.
- Reinstatement of nature strip area.
- For safety reasons, these drainage works will be a construction zone. Appropriate traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works. Local and emergency access to properties will be maintained at all times.
- We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to adjacent properties and we ask for your patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy and vibration works such as earthworks, saw cutting and use of trucks delivering culverts including removal or delivery of other materials to site.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs, where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- SR Excavations Pty Ltd – Brad Hewton – 0429 598 819
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Faisal Javaid – Project Manager, otherwise Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Phillip Pritchard on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.