Corinella - Shared Pathway - Guy Road
Notice of Works
Bass Coast Shire wishes to advise of the start of Guy Road Shared Pathway project between Balcombe Street and Bass Valley Primary School in mid-August 2021.
Council has appointed SR Excavations Pty Ltd after a competitive open tender process. This project is jointly funded by the Victorian State Government’s Growing Suburbs Fund ($1.4 million) and Bass Coast Shire Council ($1.4 million) as part of adopted Capital Works Program for 2021/22.
This exciting project is now underway and is anticipated to be completed in March 2022, subject to favourable weather and any potential Covid-19 restrictions imposed by the State Government. The contractor has performed service locations, site mobilisation and traffic sign installation on the week commencing 16 August 2021. Council recognises that it can be a challenge to deliver the necessary works and not affect the residents, businesses and road users, especially when much of our work is determined by weather conditions.
Benefits to the Community
This important pathway link is identified in Council’s Aspirational Network Pathways Plan, 2016. The Growing Suburbs Fund contributes towards meeting critical local infrastructure needs for communities and responds to the growth pressures being experienced by Metropolitan and Peri-Urban communities. The total project cost is in the order of $2,800,000. This project will result in:
- A 6.1km shared pathway between Corinella and Bass Valley Primary School creating connectivity between Bass Coast communities;
- Active recreation opportunity for residents, school children and visitors.
What to Expect
- Construction of about 725 metres of new fibre reinforced concrete 2.5 metre wide shared footpath along Smythe Street between Balcombe to Jamieson Streets, Corinella and a section between No. 319 and No. 333 Guy Road, Tenby Point.
- Construction of approximately 750 metres of boardwalk throughout the project.
- About 4.7 kilometres of 2.5 metres wide gravel shared path.
- Vegetation clearing in accordance with approved planning permit conditions. Vegetation offsets have been secured.
- Installation of drainage and culvert extension works including appropriate signage.
- Reinstatement works, as required
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures will be implemented onsite during these works. This will be a construction zone and for your own safety and others, there will be some access restrictions, single traffic lane closures as required. As always, emergency vehicle access to properties will be maintained at all times.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy and vibration works for construction including earthworks and use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials.
Frequently Asked Questions
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience and we ask for your patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions to motorists, residents and businesses. Our staff and contractor will notify nearby residents, businesses and user groups who may be impacted by these works.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- SR Excavation Pty Ltd – Project Manager – Brad Hewton – 0429 598 819
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team, David Vaea or Jani Surasinghe - 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.