Cape Paterson - Seawall Renewal - COMPLETED
We have awarded a contract to MACA Infrastructure Pty Ltd to carry out renewal works at the Cape Paterson Boat Ramp Seawall.
Construction works will start the week of 26 April 2021 and completion is anticipated within 8 weeks, subject to favourable weather, tides and contractor availability. These works are fully funded by Council in the order of $245,000 and are part of our 2020/21 Capital Works Building and Open Space Renewal program.
For safety reasons, this section of the seawall will be a construction zone. Hut View, Cape Paterson and the local boat ramp will be closed to the public due to the large amount of truck and excavator movements occurring. As always, emergency service access will be provided. Appropriate traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works.
Please see plans, locality map and traffic management plan below.
Benefits to the community
- The works are being done because the existing bluestone masonry retaining wall is in a very poor condition.
- The new sea wall offers a higher protection from wave erosion to assets including the nearby access road and also improves the public safety and amenity to this area.
- Works will also include constructing a new beach access to divert pedestrians away from boat ramp traffic.
What to expect
- Construction of a new rock revetment to replace the existing bluestone retaining wall.
- Constructing a new beach access stairs.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy works such as earthworks, and use of trucks delivering large rocks and other materials to site.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to nearby properties and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- MACA Infrastructure Pty Ltd – Project Manager - Chris Williamson – 0427 063 402
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Contract Superintendent - Dulee Menik or David Vaea – Site Representative otherwise Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Laurie Gervasi on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.