Bass - New Footpath - Hade Avenue - COMPLETED
Bass Coast Shire Council has appointed contractors SR Excavations Pty Ltd under our annual supply contract to carry out new footpath works on southern end of Bass Bridge to the memorial shelter located on Hade Avenue, Bass. See map attached here.
Construction works is anticipated to begin week starting 29 March 2021 and will be completed prior to ANZAC Day (25 April), subject to favourable weather and contractor availability. These works are funded by Council in the order of $50,000 and is part of Council’s 2020/21 Capital Works Program.
Benefits to the community
The aim of this project is to improve access for pedestrians in the area. These works will give residents and special events in this area, such as ANZAC Day, a safe pedestrian connection to existing footpath network and provide connection to the existing memorial shelter and nearby off-street parking adjacent to the Bass Hotel on Hade Avenue.
What to expect
- Construction of new 50 metre long, 1.5m wide path with 100mm thick fibre reinforced concrete and to link from the bridge to the shelter
- A new gravel pathway, 93 metres long, 1.5 metres wide, linking the memorial shelter and the off-street carpark area opposite the Bass Hotel.
- To link the existing bridge footpath, construction improvements such as retaining wall, timber handrail extension to match the bridge and placement of fill
- Improved underground drainage pipes and pits to remove existing open swale drain along the roadside of Hade Avenue near the cenotaph and bridge.
- Some minor kerb and channel extension works at the southern bridge abutment
- For safety reasons, this section of the new pathway will be a construction zone. Appropriate traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works. There may be some minor traffic delays due to the nature of these works.
- The use of plant and machinery including noisy works such as earthworks, saw cutting and use of trucks delivering concrete etc.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to nearby properties and business owners and we ask for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website. A letter drop will be undertaken to adjacent landowners affected by these works.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- Brad Hewton – Site Supervisor – 0429 598 819
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Marty O’Flynn or Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Phillip Pritchard on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.