Bass Highway, Grantville – Outside of Grantville Transaction Centre - Footpath Renewal
We wish to advise that Council has appointed Steve Wheatley Concreting Pty Ltd to undertake footpath renewal works along Bass Highway between Pier Road and Wheatley Court, Grantville as a part of Council’s adopted 2019/2020 Capital Works Program. These works are being funded by Council through the Footpath Renewal Program in the order of $18,000.
Construction works are anticipated to start on Monday, 9 September 2019 and may take up to 3-4 weeks to complete, subject to favourable weather conditions. The aim of this project is to improve access for pedestrians and increase the number of footpaths, lanes and pathways for the community. These works will give residents along the streets and in the greater area, a safe pedestrian connection to this area and nearby shopping precincts. See the map below.
The construction works will involve:
- Removal of the existing path and replace with a 1.5 metre wide, fibre reinforced concrete path (60 metres long)
- Service adjustments for water, power and Telstra services as required.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to these landowners and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor(s) will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au.
For information or assistance please contact
- Steve Wheatley Concreting Pty Ltd – Site Supervisor – Steve Wheatley 0419 003 052
- Bass Coast Shire Council's Infrastructure Delivery Team – Fred Wright, or Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Phillip Pritchard on I300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 221l
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the Iatest updates.