Bass Coast Shire Entry Signage - COMPLETED
Notice of Works
New Bass Coast Shire entry signage will be installed at Lang Lang this month.
This project is funded through our adopted Capital works program for 2020/21 and will result in a new entry sign on the Bass highway south bound lane at Lang Lang. We have appointed SR Excavations Pty Ltd for these works. The total project cost is in the order of $90,000.
The sign is designed to be a distinctive feature, capturing the elements that make Bass Coast a special place to visit incorporating the natural environment, indigenous and mining heritage, seaside and hinterland.
This exciting project has started and is expected to be completed late June. The local contractor is planning to undertake some pre-commencement works (service locations, site clearance and drilling) which has started onsite. We expect minimum impact on the residents and road users during the works, as majority of the works will be undertaken in the Bass Highway road reserve.
What to Expect
- Approved traffic management plan will be implemented on the Bass Highway (south bound lanes) and South Gippsland Highway exit ramp, including speed reductions at Lang Lang, during these works. We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience and we ask for your patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions to motorists.
- The use of some heavy plant and machinery for construction, including a crane and use of trucks for removal and delivery of materials.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website or mail outs where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- SR Excavation Pty Ltd – Project Manager – Brad Hewton – 0429 598 819
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team, Jani Surasinghe – Senior Capital Project Engineer - 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.