Bass Recreation Reserve Field Lighting project - Design and Construction
Council wishes to advise that P & V Newell Electrical Contractors Pty Ltd has been appointed for the design and construction of four lighting towers at Bass Recreation Reserve located off Hade Avenue, Bass (see map below). This project represents yet another significant investment in sport and recreation facilities across the Shire and follows on from recent netball facility projects at the Reserve.
This project will result in:
- Supply and installation of four lighting poles and lighting fixtures, including associated ancillary infrastructure to cater for 100 Lux lighting of the reserve.
- Removal of existing lighting poles and lighting fixtures.
The Bass Recreation Reserve Field Lighting Project was identified as a priority within Council’s Active Bass Coast Plan. Active Bass Coast Plans sets a 10 year Plan for the provision of open space and recreation services and facilities across the municipality. This project has been developed through an assessment of the existing lighting and planning toward the provision of fully compliant lighting to today’s training standards.
This project has commenced and is anticipated to be completed by late June, subject to contractor availability and favourable weather. Council recognises that it can be a challenge to deliver the necessary works and not affect key recreational user groups, especially when much of our work is determined by weather conditions. The design works are underway and the delivery of lighting poles and fixtures are anticipated to be delivered to site in late March. The trenching and electrical conduit installation has been completed.
The total project cost is in the order of $250,000, which is jointly funded by Council ($100,000), Sports and Recreation Victoria ($100,000) and the Kilcunda Bass Football Club ($50,000).
What to expect
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures will be implemented onsite during these works. This will be a construction zone and that we appreciate that for your own safety and others that access will be restricted. Our staff and contractor will notify nearby businesses and user groups who may be impacted by these works. We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience and we ask for your patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions to recreation reserve users, motorists, schools, residents and businesses.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy and vibration works for construction, a crane for lighting pole installation, and use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- P & V Newell Electrical Contractors Pty Ltd – Site Supervisor – Andrew Newell – 0408 304 356
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team, Russell Thomas – Capital Project Officer or Jani Surasinghe - Contract Superintendent - 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.