Annual Asphalting Program
Council has engaged A1 Asphalting Pty Ltd (A1) to carry out asphalt sealing works as part of 2019/20 Capital Works Program. These works are being rolled out on our road network in Cowes and Cape Woolamai. Renewal of the road surface ensures that Council's network is sustainable and able to continue to provide appropriate levels of service for road users well into the future.
Council acknowledges that it can be a challenge to deliver the necessary works and not affect road users, especially when much of the work is determined by weather conditions. The anticipated dates indicated are subject to contractor availability, favourable weather conditions and therefore may need rescheduling. These works are fully funded by Council in the order of $173,000.
What to expect:
- It is expected that there will be some delays to traffic and nearby abutting landowners during the works.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy works such as profiling, asphalt laying and use of trucks for removal or delivery of asphalt
- Council and our contractor will notify nearby residents and businesses that may be impacted by these works, in order to minimise disruptions and allow the successful completion of the work. A letter drop is being carried out this week by our contractor. Landowners will also be advised that their motor vehicles are not parked on the roads.
- Appropriate traffic control measures will be implemented onsite during these works.
The table below lists the streets that are programmed for asphalting works.
|Road Name||Anticipated Start Date*|
|Hill Court & Bay Court, Cowes||11 November|
|French Court & Hobsons Parade between Settlement Road to No. 51||12 November|
|Melissa Court & Darryl Court, Cowes||13 November|
|Cypress Court & Rylstone Road (sealed section only)||14 November|
|Roundabout in Cape Woolamai|
Vista Drive & Corona Road
* These dates may be subject to change.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- A1 Asphalting – Site Supervisor – Clayton – 0427 719 694
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team - Russell Thomas – Capital Project Officer on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.