Annual Asphalt Sealing Program 2020/21
We wish to advise that Infrastructure Delivery team has engaged A1 Asphalting Pty Ltd (A1) to carry out asphalt sealing works as part of 2020-21 Capital Works Program. These works are being rolled out on our road network in Wonthaggi, Inverloch and Grantville. Renewal of the road surface ensures that Council's network is sustainable and able to continue to provide appropriate levels of service for road users well into the future.
Council acknowledges that it can be a challenge to deliver the necessary works and not affect road users, especially when much of the work is determined by weather conditions.
The anticipated dates indicated are subject to contractor availability, favourable weather conditions and therefore may need rescheduling. These works are fully funded by Council in the order of $260,000.
What to expect:
- It is expected that there will be some delays to traffic and abutting landowners during the works. You may experience delays between 5-10 minutes at some of these sites, whilst these works are being carried out. Please plan your trip accordingly.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy works such as profiling, asphalt laying and use of trucks for removal or delivery of asphalt
- Our contractor will notify nearby residents and businesses that may be impacted by these works, in order to minimise disruptions and allow the successful completion of the work. A letter drop is being carried out this week by our contractor. Landowners will also be advised that their motor vehicles are not parked on the roads.
- Appropriate traffic control measures will be implemented onsite during these works.
The table below lists the streets that are programmed for asphalting works.
|Road Name||Anticipated Start Date *|
|Grantville Transfer Station – Internal access road||Complete|
|Watt Street Wonthaggi Between McBride Avenue and Billson Street||Early/Mid February 2021|
|James Street Wonthaggi between White Road and Morey Street||Early/Mid February 2021|
|Bells Court Inverloch||Early/Mid February 2021|
* These dates may be subject to change.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs where appropriate.
For information or assistance, please contact:
- A1 Asphalting – Site Supervisor – Clayton – 0427 719 694
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – David Vaea – Capital Project Officer on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.