Annual Asphalt Sealing Program
Notice of Works
Bass Coast Shire Council has engaged A1 Asphalting Pty Ltd (A1) to carry out asphalt sealing works as part of 2021-22 Capital Works Program. These works will be carried out on Loughran Drive and Elkin Court in Wonthaggi (see map below). Works are anticipated to start week ending 1 October 2021 and take up to 2 weeks to complete.
Benefits to the Community
- Renewal of the road surface ensures that Council's network is sustainable and able to continue to provide appropriate levels of service for road users well into the future.
- Council acknowledges that it can be a challenge to deliver the necessary works and not affect road users, especially when much of the work is determined by weather conditions. The anticipated dates indicated are subject to contractor availability, favourable weather conditions and any further State Government COVID restrictions and therefore may need rescheduling. These works are fully funded by Council in the order of $273,000.
What to Expect
- It is expected that there will be some delays to traffic and nearby abutting businesses/landowners during the works.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy works such as profiling, asphalt laying and use of trucks for removal or delivery of asphalt
- Council and our contractor will notify nearby residents and businesses that may be impacted by these works, in order to minimise disruptions and allow the successful completion of the work. A letter drop is being carried out this week by our contractor. Businesses/Landowners will also be advised that their motor vehicles are not parked on the roads.
- Appropriate traffic control measures will be implemented onsite during these works.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs, where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- A1 Asphalting – Kane MacDonald – 0417 867 997
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Marty O’Flynn – Capital Project Officer on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.