Service changes due to COVID-19
Last updated 23/11/2021
Almost all restrictions have eased for fully vaccinated Victorians, but some COVID-19 risks still remain. There are things we can all do to make ourselves and others safer. As you live and work, remember these COVIDSafe principles:
- Wearing a mask is recommended if you can’t physically distance, have any symptoms, or if you are with people who may be vulnerable to COVID-19.
- Masks are required indoors at retail, health, care and justice facilities, at primary schools, and on public transport/taxis/rideshare. See the State Government's webpage for more information about where masks are required.
- When possible, maintain 1.5metre distance from others and continue to use hand sanitiser and practice good hygiene.
- Ventilation and air filtration helps. Consider opening windows to let the fresh air blow through, or catch up with friends outside.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms or if you have been advised to get tested by a contact, workplace or school, get a COVID-19 test and isolate until you get a negative result.
- Remember to check in everywhere every time using the Service Victoria App.
- Get vaccinated to protect yourself, your loved ones and your community. If you aren’t fully vaccinated, you’re at a much higher risk of going to hospital. Book an appointment today.
- The Phillip Island Visitor Information Centre at Newhaven is open between 10.00am to 3.00pm seven days per week.
- Face-to-face Customer and Visitor Services are available at Wonthaggi, Cowes, Grantville and Inverloch, between 10.00am to 3.00pm Monday to Friday.
Customer and Visitor Services will still be available via phone, email and online channels outside of these hours.
- Patrons aged 12+ years are required to show proof of full vaccination status when entering any Myli - My Community Library branch, including the Mobile library.
- You are not required to wear a face mask in the library but patrons aged 12 and over must carry a mask at all times.
The Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre is open. People attending the Arts Centre aged 12 and over will need to provide proof of vaccination. Please check in with the QR code or manually on entry. Masks are still recommended but no longer mandatory.
Open, but please remember to check in using the QR code.
Our waste facilities and kerbside bin collections are operating as normal.