Service changes due to COVID-19
Last updated 10/09/2021
Restrictions were lifted in Regional Victoria on Friday, 10 September.
Some of the changes include:
- There is no longer any restriction on the reasons to leave home, and there is no limit on the distance regional Victorians can travel from home – other than restrictions on entry to metropolitan Melbourne.
- Schools are open for onsite learning for Prep to Grade 2 and Year 12 students, while remote learning will remain for all other levels.
- Gatherings are not allowed in homes.
- People can gather in groups of up to 10 outdoors.
- The Phillip Island Visitor Information Centre at Newhaven is open between 10.00am to 3.00pm seven days per week.
- Face-to-face Customer and Visitor Services are available at Wonthaggi, Cowes, Grantville and Inverloch, between 10.00am to 3.00pm Monday to Friday.
Customer and Visitor Services will still be available via phone, email and online channels outside of these hours.
- All indoor sporting facilities remain closed.
The Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre will reopen to the public from Tuesday, 14 September with density limits in place. Cinema sessions are currently limited to 20 people.
- Outdoor personal training: Allowed with up to 10 people and a trainer.
- Community sport: Permitted outdoor training only with the minimum number required to train. Spectators are prohibited except one parent permitted to supervise children.
- Community recreation facilities: Outdoors only with up to 20 people per facility.
- Skate parks and outdoor playgrounds are open.
Our waste facilities and kerbside bin collections are operating as normal.
Travel is allowed across regional Victoria.
Movement between metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria restricted to specified purposes:
• necessary goods and services (provided facility is closest facility to place of residence)
• care or compassionate reasons (including bubble buddy/ intimate partner/)
• authorised work/education
• other specified reasons e.g. moving home
Travel to regional Victorian Alpine Resorts permitted provided visitors have had a negative COVID test within the previous 72 hours. Children under 12 years not included. Must be able to show evidence of a negative test as condition of entry into ski field. Workers are highly recommended to take a COVID test prior to arrival at the resorts.
For information on travelling within regional Victoria, please visit the State Government's website.
Events and markets can be held in line with the current restrictions. Masks must be worn outdoors at all times and cannot be removed for eating/drinking in retail settings.