Shopfront Improvement Rebate Program
Bass Coast Shire Council have recently received funding from Regional Development Victoria to facilitate a Shopfront Improvement rebate program.
The Shopfront Improvement Rebate Program will assist businesses and service providers in Bass Coast to improve the appearance of their shopfronts and building facades. Vibrant and attractive streets, shops and public spaces play an important role to prosperous town centres.
Bass Coast Shire Council will allocate up to 25 $2,000 rebates to approved businesses. Due to the ongoing implications from the COVID-19 pandemic, the program will not require matched funding from the business. Some examples of the works that can be completed as part of the program will include:
- Shopfront displays
- External signage
- Painting of the shopfront/façade
- Minor repairs to structural façade elements, awnings and verandas
- Installation of store lighting visible from the street
- Improved accessibility
Here is how it will work:
1. Review the Shopfront Improvement Rebate Program Guidelines.
2. Submit an Expression of Interest via email (no more than 300 words) to Joanne Tomasi.
3. If your business is successful to the next stage you will be contacted and invited to apply via SmartyGrants.
4. Applications close 14 November 2021.
5. Successful applicants will be notified between 22 and 26 November 2021.
6. You will be required to submit evidence including before and after photos of the works and project expenses summary including valid tax receipts for works completed.
7. All works to be completed and Council notified by 31 May 2022.
8. Council will then reimburse the business to the agreement value.
For further details, please see below link to the Program Guidelines or call/email the Business Support Officer, Joanne Tomasi on 0438 895 124 or email@example.com.