Shopfront Improvement Rebate Program
The Shopfront Improvement Rebate Program is now open.
Applications close on Sunday, 23 October 2022.
We will hold two drop-in sessions during the application period to provide support for anyone needing help with their application. Register attendance to receive a reminder:
- Phillip Island Visitor Centre, 9am to 11am on Friday, 16 September
- Online, 5.30pm to 6.30pm on Tuesday, 18 October
We’re excited to announce that the Shopfront Improvement Rebate Program will be opening for a second round. Applications open on Friday, 2 September 2022.
Round one of the program was a great success, with 46 businesses and services applying from eight towns across Bass Coast. Due to the high quality of applications we received, we extended the initial program funding from Regional Development Victoria to support a further 15 businesses to improve their shop frontage.
This round, like the first, will assist businesses and service providers in Bass Coast to improve the appearance of their shopfronts and outdoor spaces. Vibrant and attractive streets, shops, and public spaces play a key role in creating prosperous town centres.
The funding pool for this program is $38,000 and will be allocated to up to 19 $2,000 projects.
Some examples of the works that can be completed as part of the program include:
- External signage and A-frames
- Improved accessibility
- Replacement of outdoor furniture and umbrellas
- Planter boxes, fencing and display of goods infrastructure
- Painting of the shopfront/façade
- Minor repairs to structural façade elements, awnings, and verandas
- Installation of store lighting visible from the street
Please note: funding will not be granted to projects that commence works prior to the application close date.
For more information about Shopfront Improvement Rebate program, please contact the Business Support team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211.