Outdoor Entertainment Rebate
Any activity that takes place on or after Tuesday, 4 January will be valid for a rebate if it meets the guidelines.
Applications for $300 rebates now open and will be accepted until funding ($50,000) is exhausted or by 30 June 2022, whichever comes first.
What activities are included in the rebate?
Rebates can include but are not limited to live music, artist in residence, face painting, creative workshops, poetry or author reading sessions, and performance artists.
If your idea isn’t on the list and you would like to check if it’s covered or have questions, please contact Lucy Dewhurst via email email@example.com or call 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211 or via the National Relay Service (for people with speech or hearing difficulties) on 13 36 77.
- Rebates are limited to one per week, per business.
- Applicant business must be trading within Bass Coast Shire.
- Applicant must have a current permit to trade outdoors. This includes an active footpath trading permit, parklet, outdoor activity permit or outdoor trading area on private land.
- Activity must take place within approved trading space on permit, with no amplification and up to two performers between 7am and 10.30pm.
- Supplier for activity must have a residential or business address in Bass Coast Shire.
- Activity must have already taken place upon application.
- Rebates will be accepted until $50,000 funding is exhausted or by 30 June 2022, whichever comes first.
How to apply for the rebate
- Ensure you have appropriate permit for activity. If you don’t have a current permit, please check the permit requirements below before proceeding.
- Host activity in outdoor trading area. Please take a photo or equivalent evidence of activity location for rebate application.
- Pay supplier.
- Apply for rebate via online form. Applications open Monday, 10 January .
- Payment will be made by Bass Coast Shire Council.
Applicant needs to hold one of the following permits to be eligible for this program:
- Footpath Trading Permit (including Outdoor Dining, A-Frame and Display of Goods)
- Parklet Permit
- Outdoor Activity Permit
- Outdoor trading areas on private land (i.e. balcony, verandas etc.)
The Outdoor Activity Permit is a temporary General Permit for applicants that would like to host outdoor entertainment for this rebate.
This permit is free of charge and will be open until 30 June 2022. A temporary exemption is in place for the Outdoor Dining Permit Conditions until 30 June 2022 to allow live entertainment within outdoor dining areas.
To make the application process easier, before applying please ensure you have
- Receipt of payment for activity including evidence of supplier’s Bass Coast residential or business address.
- Photo or equivalent evidence of activity taking place in outdoor trading area of your business.
This program is part of Victorian State Government’s COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Fund. This rebate is open to all Bass Coast Shire traders.