Cowes to Stony Point Car Ferry
We, along with Mornington Peninsula Shire Council and the State Government have prepared a Business Case to determine the cost, requirements and viability of a vehicle and passenger ferry service between Stony Point, French Island and Cowes.
The Draft Business Case was released for public consultation at the Ordinary Council Meeting on 21 February, 2018. The Full Business Case was presented at the Ordinary Council Meeting in Cowes on 18 April, 2018.
Earlier in the process, Earthcheck prepared a Discussion paper - Cowes to Stony Point Car Ferry outlining what had been heard from the community so far.
Public Consultation began in September 2017 with two key phases:
- Input into developing the Business Case
- Feedback on the draft Business Case
There are many potential opportunities that can be achieved as a result of a vehicle ferry service which include:
- Enhanced employment opportunities
- Greater tourism connectivity from the Mornington Peninsula to Phillip Island
- Increased visitor activity
- Greater access to emergency services
- Better access to public transport