You’ll find on this page:
Managing Biosecurity on your farm
Managing biosecurity is key to the prosperity of all Victorians. Use these resources to help make sure you are ensuring the prosperity of your farm.
We recommend signing up for Agriculture Victoria's monthly e-newsletter to keep up to date.
- Agriculture Victoria has collated several biosecurity plan templates to use for your business.
- Watch a webinar on foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) and lumpy skin disease awareness. The webinar recording can be accessed online. The passcode is FMD.LSD22!
- Attend a workshop or webinar to learn practical tips for biosecurity.
- Read Victorian Farmers Federation's fact sheet on farm biosecurity.
Foot and Mouth disease impacts cloven-hoofed animals including cattle, buffalo, camels, sheep, goats, deer and pigs.
- Read the practical steps to ensure you are prepared on your farm.
- Know the signs and symptoms to look out for.
- Learn more about Lumpy Skin Disease and FMD.
Varroa mite in honey bees
- Frequently asked questions about Varroa mite.
- Understand the regulations for beekeeping.
Rural Engagement Group
The Bass Coast Rural Engagement Group (REG) was formed in 2013 to create a forum for discussion between Council and the agricultural sector.
Members of the group are selected to ensure that the REG represents a cross-section of geographical locations, rural activity type and farm size. The Terms of Reference provide additional information about the Rural Engagement Group.
Other members in the group include representatives from Bass Coast Landcare Network, Victorian Farmers Federation, Food & Fibre Gippsland, Councillors and Council staff.
The Group meets quarterly to discuss matters that impact the rural sector, provide opportunities to network, collaborate with key stakeholders and provide advice to Council on its strategic direction.
If you would like to get involved in REG, please complete the form below:
For more information, please contact us on 1300 BCOAST (226 278).