The Community Planning Team are passionate about building community resilience and connecting our community.
The Community Planning Team have one placed based community planning officer for each ward in Bass Coast Shire Council - Bunurong Ward, Island Ward and Western Port Ward, as well as a Community Grants and Projects Officer. Their role is to:
- Build community capacity to achieve the community’s own goals and vision
- Increase community participation in civic projects and initiatives
- Build community resilience
- Provide support to community groups through the Community Grants Program
- Provide a link between community through the various Council departments and Council projects
As part of keeping in touch with community, the team compile and send out a Community News e-letter every other month that contains items of interest from Council, including upcoming training, and other community groups. If you are interested in finding out more, please subscribe to Community News. You will also find previous newsletters via the link.