For returning applicants, log into log into SmartyGrants and go to 'My Submissions'
Round 2 extended opening - Friday, 11 September
The Community Grants Program supports not-for-profit organisations to present a variety of projects and activities which enhance the social, cultural, environmental and economic development of the community.
Community Grant Information Sessions
A 'virtual' information session will be held 10.30am Monday, 3 August to answer any questions you may have about Council's Community Grants Program, and to assist with any application queries. You will need to register to obtain the link to the meeting. Please call Shirley 5671 2412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm Friday, 31 July to register.
Applications are invited for Community Grants all year
Council assesses grant applications twice a year, March (Round 1) and August (Round 2).
As a result of Council elections being held in October, Round 2 Community Grants will be open until 5.00pm Friday, 11 September 2020. The Community Grant Guidelines explain how to apply.
Grant applications are only accepted using the SmartyGrants on-line system. You can download a paper copy of the application form for draft purposes if you wish.
Community Grant Categories
- General Community Grant
Up to $5,000 for equipment or other projects to assist community groups with equipment, activities and promotion.
- Festivals, Celebrations and Events Grant
Funding up to $5,000 to support community groups to run local community events.
- Minor Capital Works Grant
Funding up to $5,000 to fund small-scale recreation reserve or community infrastructure developments.
Groups applying for a Minor Capital Works Grant must seek advice from Council when planning a project and before making an application online, otherwise the application will be ineligible.
- There is one major project funded in each round.
- Major Project funding is from $5,001 up to $10,000 per application.
- Major Project applications are accepted under any of the grant categories, except the sub-category of Equipment.
- You must complete a project plan when applying for Major Project funding. Download the project plan (PDF 71kb) and save it to your computer. When you have filled it in don't forget to attach it to your grant application.
- Applicants must seek advice from Council well before planning a Major Project and before making an application online, otherwise the application will be ineligible.
Potential not for profit applicant groups that are not legally incorporated are encouraged to consider being auspiced by a legally incorporated group to be able to apply for a community grant.
Legally incorporated groups are encouraged to consider their situation, interest, and ability, to auspice potential applicant groups that are not legally incorporated.
You can speak to Council's Grants Officer about auspicing or seek general auspicing information at Justice Connect www.nfplaw.org.au/auspicing
Auspiced applicants are required to complete a Community Grants Auspicing Form.
Successful applicants will be sent a Tax Invoice / Funding Agreement for their project which must be completed and returned to Council before grant funds are paid.
Require Further Advice or Assistance?
Please contact Council's Community Grants and Projects Officer on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211 or email email@example.com.