Register for Kindergarten
Kindergartens provide a strong foundation for your child's learning and development. They improve language and help children learn through play-based programs that foster your child's social, emotional, physical and cognitive needs. They help your child adapt to new people, situations and environments, and set them on a path of learning for life.
Two years are even better than one; taking part in a quality kindergarten program at an earlier age boosts children’s learning, development, health and wellbeing outcomes. It has even more benefits for children who need extra support or are in vulnerable circumstances.
Kindergarten is also a good way for families and carers to meet each other, build connections in the community and find help.
Registering for kindergarten
From 2022, kindergarten registration will be managed through Council. The kindergartens participating on the centralisted process will be advised closer to registrations opening.
- You will be able to register your child for 3 year old and 4 year old kindergarten through our registration system.
- Registrations are expected to open in July/August 2021 and can be completed online or by hardcopy form.
- To stay up to date with kindergarten registrations please email your name and email address to email@example.com
Benefits of a central registration process
- Simplifies the registration process for families
- Supports kindergarten Early Years Management Services
- Creates an equitable and fair process for kindergarten placement
- Helps to shape our early year’s services and infrastructure planning.
We engage Early Years Management Services and Committees of Management to deliver and manage education and care services on our behalf.