Veterans Home Care
Veterans Home Care (VHC) is a Department of Veterans’ Affairs program that supports veterans and war widows with low care needs to remain in their own homes. Home support services provided by VHC include:
- Domestic Assistance
- Personal Care
- Home and Garden Maintenance
- Respite Care
Who is eligible for VHC?
To be eligible for a VHC assessment a person must be:
- A Veteran of the Australian Defence Forces; or an Australian mariner; or
- A Defence war widow
- A Repatriation Health Card – for all conditions (Gold Card); or
- A Repatriation Health Card – for specific conditions (White Card)
Partners and carers are not eligible for VHC services unless they have their own Gold or White card. However, they are still eligible for respite care if they care for a Veteran or war widow.
For further information call
- VHC assessment agency for an assessment or review of VHC services on 1300 550 450
- For day to day changes relating to your current service provision please call Council’s Service Coordinator on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211.