Veterans Home Care
Our decision to cease providing Aged and Disability Services on 31 December 2019, impacts on our service provision to the veterans community. This decision will mean that we will not renew our contract with Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) in November this year and will cease providing Veteran Home Care services from 24 November 2019. Benetas, which is the assessment agency for Veterans Home Care, will be responsible for linking existing clients with a new service provider in the area.
Veterans Home Care (VHC) is a Department of Veterans’ Affairs program that supports veterans and war widows with low care needs to remain in their own homes. Home support services provided by VHC include:
- Domestic Assistance
- Personal Care
- Home and Garden Maintenance
- Respite Care
Who is eligible for VHC?
To be eligible for a VHC assessment a person must be:
- A Veteran of the Australian Defence Forces; or an Australian mariner; or
- A Defence war widow
- A Repatriation Health Card – for all conditions (Gold Card); or
- A Repatriation Health Card – for specific conditions (White Card)
Partners and carers are not eligible for VHC services unless they have their own Gold or White card. However, they are still eligible for respite care if they care for a Veteran or war widow.
For further information call
VHC assessment agency for an assessment or review of VHC services on 1300 550 450
- For day to day changes relating to your current service provision please call our Service Coordinator on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211.