Services in Your Home
We believe by working together we will assist you in retaining or improving your independence and keeping your home a safe and healthy environment.
The service includes essential house cleaning of areas regularly used by you. Tasks may include:
- sweeping, vacuuming and mopping floors
- changing bed linen
We believe by working with you we will assist in retaining or improving your independence.
Personal Care supports you with daily tasks to maintain your independence. Tasks may include:
- shopping with or without you
- transporting and escorting
- monitoring medication
- reading and letter writing
- bill paying
Respite Care supports carers by offering them a break from their caring role to pursue social, family, personal or community activities. This service can be either in your home or in the community.
Home Maintenance offers a limited service which aims to maintain a safe, secure and healthy environment both inside and outside your home. Tasks may include:
- minor household repairs (which do not require the skills of a tradesperson)
- cleaning appliances (oven, ceiling fans, light fittings, air conditioner filters)
- washing windows
- changing light globes or florescent tubes
- wiping venetian blinds and window sills
- removing net curtains to be cleaned
- cleaning behind stoves or fridges, if on wheels
- washing walls inside house (strict limitations apply)
- installing battery operated smoke alarms, changing smoke alarm batteries
- repairing and cleaning fly wire screens
- sweeping and clearing paths, removing cobwebs
- raking leaves and garden maintenance (to ensure safe access)
This service is not a landscaping or beautification service and does not include mowing, gutter cleaning or tasks requiring a tradesperson.
For more information on these services please call the Intake Officer on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2427.