Skip to main content

Further information on Aged and Disability services

Fees and Account Payment

Aged and Disability Services attract a subsidised fee, and this fee is reviewed annually. Council has developed a Client Contribution framework to detail the fee setting and collection process.

When determining your individual fees, we consider all factors which may affect your ability to pay, as well as any special needs you may have. Fees are subsidised and are discussed with you by either your Home Support Assessor or your Service Coordinator.
Accounts are sent monthly and can be paid by any of the following payment methods:

  • by mail
  • in-person at any of Bass Coast Shire Council Customer Service Centre
  • by Electronic Funds Transfer

Information on how to pay by these methods is provided on your monthly account.
Call our Aged and Disability Services Team on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211 or download the Client Contribution Framework document below:


Council is strongly committed to protecting an individual’s right to privacy and full compliance with its obligations under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic), the Health Records Act 2001 (VIC) and to the Information Privacy Principles contained in both Acts. If you wish to request access to a file please contact the Freedom of Information Officer on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211.


Receiving Home and Community Care (HACC) services can be a big decision and we encourage you to talk with our staff. At Bass Coast Shire Council we understand that our past experiences, culture, religion, health, sexual preference, financial situation etc all make us unique. It is our aim to make the process of accessing our services as easy as possible for you. If you would like the assistance of an interpreter, advocate or friend at any time when planning your services this can be organised with you.


The Aged and Disability Services Team recognises the important role advocacy plays when supporting people who are frail older, people with a disability and the carers of these people. An advocate is defined as someone who can stand alongside you, and assist you in speaking out on your behalf, in a way that best represents you. Council can assist you to access an advocate.

Feedback - Compliments - Complaints

We are always looking for ways that we can improve our service to you, and we value your opinion. Please contact the Coordinator Aged and Disability on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211, or phone the Telephone Interpreter Service on 131 450 and they will support you to provide feedback.

How do I express a compliment?

To express a compliment you can call the office or write a letter.

How do I make a complaint or appeal a decision?

To make a complaint you can call the office, write a letter or complete the form at the back of the Client Information book. When we receive a complaint, we record it on a Complaint form and in our complaints register.

What happens next?

The Coordinator Aged and Disability will contact the person making a complaint wherever possible within 2 working days, and document the concerns on your personal file and / or staff files (if appropriate). Further discussion and/or a meeting may become necessary at this stage. If we cannot resolve the complaint within 10 working days, we will keep you informed of the progress and ensure you know:

  • the name of the person who is dealing with the complaint
  • the estimated length of time it may take to resolve the complaint
  • a time-frame for when you can expect an update from Council.

If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint please contact Council's Manager Community Strengthening, General Manager Healthy Communities and Governance, or the Chief Executive Officer.

External avenues for complaint

If your complaint is still unresolved at the end of this process, or if you wish to take the complaint to an external party before approaching Council, you may contact any of the following:

Department of Health
Director, Health and Aged Care - Gippsland Region
64 Church Street, (PO Box 1661)
Tel: (03) 5177 2500

Aged Care Complaints Commissioner
GPO Box 9848
1800 550 552

Victorian Ombudsman
(Complaints about State Government Departments)
Level 9, North Tower, 459 Collins Street
Tel: 1800 806 314 or (03) 9613 6222

Health Complaints Commissioner
26th Floor, 570 Bourke Street
Tel: 1 300 582 113

Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission
Level 3, 204 Lygon Street
Tel: 1300 891 848

Victorian Commissioner for Privacy and Data Protection
GPO Box 24014
Tel: 1300 666 444

Office of the Public Advocate
Level 1, 204 Lygon Street
Tel: 1300 309 337