Skip to main content

Accessing Services

Government subsidised services may be available for older residents, people with a disability, or their carers. The first step in the process is to request an assessment.

Assessments are free of charge and help determine a person’s individual care and support needs and their eligibility to support services.

Residents aged 65 and over can request assessment services via Government’s ‘My Aged Care’ website or by calling 1800 200 422.

Residents under the age of 65 can request assessment services by contacting the Bass Coast Shire Council Intake Officer on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2427.

*Please note: we are currently in the process of transitioning out of assessment services for people under 65 years and will cease providing assessments on 31 December 2019. From 1 January, 2020 requests for assessment services can be made to the new provider, mecwacare, by contacting their Intake Team on (03) 8573 4980. Further information on assessment services in Victoria can be accessed through the State Government's health.vic website.