A Precinct Structure Plan is a strategic framework for the future growth and development of specific towns. The purpose is to identify the strategic issues facing the towns, including community needs and aspirations, and to articulate the preferred future directions for growth, whilst protecting and enhancing the very elements which make the towns distinctive and functional.
The emerging Precinct Structure Plan for Wonthaggi North East will guide the future development of the town for the next 30 years. It identifies the future location of roads, community hubs, schools, parks, housing, employment and transport connections.
- The Precinct approximate size - 633 hectares
- Estimated number of dwellings – 5,000 homes
- Estimated future population – 12,000 residents
- Estimated number of local jobs - 1657 jobs
Wonthaggi North East Development Contributions Plan (DCP)
The Draft Wonthaggi North East Development Contributions Plan (DCP) has been developed in parallel with the Wonthaggi North East Precinct Structure Plan. The DCP:
- Identifies the location for schools, community facilities, local parks and roads
- Establishes a framework for the collection of funding for infrastructure and services
- Ensures the cost is shared between the various developers and the wider community