The Amendment implements the planning recommendations of the Cowes Activity Centre Plan 2015. The Amendment C151 applies broadly to the Cowes Activity Centre area.
Specifically the amendment:
- Amends Clause 21.08 Moderate Growth Settlements to revise previous provisions pertaining to Cowes and introduce new provisions based on the Cowes Activity Centre Plan 2015.
- Makes minor amendments to Schedule 1 to Clause 32.08 (General Residential Zone) to reflect the requirements of the Ministerial Direction on the Form and Content of Planning Schemes.
- Rezones various parcels of land in Cowes to the General Residential Zone (Clause 32.08), Residential Growth Zone (Clause 32.07), Mixed Use Zone (Clause 32.04) and Commercial 1 Zone (Clause 34.01).
- Introduces new Schedules 1 and 2 to the General Residential Zone (Clause 32.07) to various parcels of land.
- Deletes Schedule 2 to Clause 42.02 (Vegetation Protection Overlay) from various parcels of land.
- Applies Schedule 2 to Clause 42.02 (Vegetation Protection Overlay) to various parcels of land.
- Deletes Schedule 1 to Clause 43.02 (Design and Development Overlay) from various parcels of land.
- Deletes Schedule 3 to Clause 43.02 (Design and Development Overlay).
- Amends Schedule 4 to Clause 43.02 (Design and Development Overlay), by deleting all references to Cowes.
- Introduces new Schedules 11, 12 and 13 to Clause 43.02 (Design and Development Overlay) and applies the Schedules to the Cowes Activity Centre area, the former Isle of Wight site and the Warley Hospital site respectively.
- Rezones 11 Coastal Way Inverloch to the Low Density Residential Zone (Clause 32.03)
- Rezones land at Inverloch-Venus Bay Road Inverloch to the Public Conservation and Resource Zone (Clause 36.03).
Approved by Minister
Minister's Authorisation - 3 May 2018
Exhibition started (Gazette Notice date) - 14 June 2018
Exhibition closed - 27 July 2018
Most recent Council Meeting - 20 March 2019
Panel Hearing - Monday 12 November and Tuesday 13 November 2018
Approved by Minister (Gazette Notice date) - 4 July 2019
For further information on Amendment C151 please contact‚ the Strategic Planning Team‚ on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211 or via email email@example.com
All of the Amendment documents can‚ be accessed from the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website