The Amendment seeks to implement the planning recommendations of the Cowes Activity Centre Plan 2015. The Amendment C151 applies broadly to the Cowes Activity Centre area.
Specifically the amendment proposes to:
- Amend Clause 21.08 Moderate Growth Settlements to revise previous provisions pertaining to Cowes and introduce new provisions based on the Cowes Activity Centre Plan 2015.
- Amend Clause 21.10 Reference Documents to include the Cowes Activity Centre Plan 2015 and the Phillip Island and San Remo Visitor Economy Strategy 2035 as reference documents.
- Make minor amendments to Schedule 1 to Clause 32.08 (General Residential Zone) to reflect the requirements of the Ministerial Direction on the Form and Content of Planning Schemes.
- Introduce a new Schedule 2 to Clause 32.08 (General Residential Zone) and applies the Schedule to selected residential land on the periphery of the Activity Centre.
- Introduce a new Schedule 3 to Clause 32.08 (General Residential Zone) and applies the Schedule to the former Warley Hospital site.
- Rezone various parcels of land to the Mixed Use Zone (Clause 32.04) and Commercial 1 Zone (Clause 34.01).
- Delete Schedule 1 to Clause 43.02 (Design and Development Overlay) from various parcels of land.
- Delete Schedule 3 to Clause 43.02 (Design and Development Overlay).
- Amend Schedule 4 to Clause 43.02 (Design and Development Overlay), by deleting references to the Cowes.
- Introduce a new Schedule 11 to Clause 43.02 (Design and Development Overlay).
- Introduce new Schedules 26 and 27 to Clause 43.04 (Development Plan Overlay) and applies the Schedules to the former Isle of Wight and Warley Hospital sites respectively.
Minister's Authorisation - 3 May 2018
Exhibition started (Gazette Notice date) - 14 June 2018
Exhibition closed - 27 July 2018
Most recent Council Meeting - 19 September 2018
Panel Hearing - Monday 12 November and Tuesday 13 November 2018
For further information on Amendment C151 please contact‚ the Strategic Planning Team‚ on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
All of the Amendment documents can‚ be accessed from the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website