Amendment C136 proposes to rezone land in Cape Paterson from the Farming Zone to the General Residential Zone.
- 2 Seaward Drive, Cape Paterson (Lot 1 on Plan of Subdivision 219915T);
- 20 Seaward Drive, Cape Paterson (Lot 1 on Plan of Subdivision 417548A);
- 40 Seaward Drive, Cape Paterson (Lot 2 on Plan of Subdivision 417548A);
- 140 Seaward Drive, Cape Paterson (Lot 3 on Plan of Subdivision 410049H); and
- Seaward Drive, Cape Paterson (Lot 2 on Plan of Subdivision 410049H).
- Rezone approximately 53 hectares of land from the Farming Zone to the General Residential Zone and apply the Development Plan Overlay (Schedule 26) to the entire Cape Paterson north area, included within the settlement boundary;
- Remove the Environmental Significance Overlay (ESO) and the Significant Landscape Overlay (SLO) from the land being rezoned;
- Insert a new Schedule 26 to Clause 43.03 Development Plan Overlay (DPO) to cover the Cape Paterson north area, included within the settlement boundary;
- Insert a new Schedule to Clause 52.01 Public Open Space Contribution and Subdivision; and
- Amends Schedule to Clause 72.03 'What does this Planning Scheme consist of?'
Ministerial Authorisation - 23 October 2019
Exhibitions starts (Gazette Notice date) - 16 January 2020
Exhibitions closes - 27 February 2020
Should a Planning Panel Hearing be required for Amendment C136, the following tentative dates have been set aside:
Directions hearing - 13 July 2020
Panel hearing - 17 August 2020
Community drop in sessions:
Find out more by speaking to the proponent for the amendment, Beveridge Williams, and Council officers, at a drop in session.
- 27 January 2020, 9.00am – 12.00pm, Cape Paterson Community Hall
- 15 February 2020, 9.00am – 12.00pm, Cape Paterson Community Hall
Alternatively, you can book an appointment to meet with one of our Strategic Planners on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211.
Any person who may be affected by the amendment may make a submission to the planning authority about the amendment. Submissions must be made in writing giving the submitter’s name and contact address, clearly stating the grounds on which the amendment is supported or opposed and indicating what changes (if any) the submitter wishes to make.
The closing date for submissions is 5.00pm, Thursday, 27 February 2020.
Written submissions must be sent to:
Strategic Planning - Bass Coast Shire Council
PO Box 118, Wonthaggi VIC 3995; or
Council must make a copy of every submission available at its Wonthaggi office for any person to inspect free of charge for two months after the amendment comes into operation or lapses.