Skip to main content

Planning Permit Forms & fees

This directory displays all the electronic forms and fees needed for a standard Planning Permit Application, a Planning Information Request or a s72 Amendment. Forms must be downloaded, saved to your computer and then opened in your preferred PDF reader.

Essential Planning Permit Application Documents

Planning Fees

Statutory Planning Fees

Statutory fees for Planning Permits, Amendments and Subdivision are set by the State Government for all Victorian Councils.

Please refer to the below attachments to see the latest fees.

Non-Statutory Planning Fees

Non-Statutory fees include applications for:

  • Secondary Consent
  • Planning Information Requests
  • Extension of Time to a Permit
  • Requests for copies of permits and plans
  • Advertising applications to neighbours
Can I change my planning permit?

Yes you can, but it depends if your permit has been issued.

If a Planning Permit has been issued:

You can lodge a Section 72 Application to Amend a Planning Permit for significant design changes or modifications to permit conditions or what the permit allows.

You can lodge a Secondary Consent application for minor alterations to endorsed plans that form part of a Planning Permit, provided the application meets certain criteria. This can be found on the application form Secondary Consent form. If you do not meet the criteria for Secondary Consent, you will be required to lodge a Section 72 Amendment (Statutory fees apply).

If your Application is still being processed:

Lodge a Section 50/50A/57A Application to Amend an Undecided Planning Permit. If your application has already been advertised to your neighbours additional fees (40% of the original application cost) may be payable.

Planning Document File Search

Use this form if you need a copy of:

  • Old planning permits
  • An officer's report
  • Endorsed/approved plans

Older permits are physically stored and can take 3-5 Business days to retrieve, this will also incur a $68 fee handling fee.

It may take up 2 weeks to fulfill your request.

Can't find what you're looking for and would like advice?

For more information or to discuss your planning application, contact our Statutory Planning team by:

  • Requesting a call back to speak to a planner
  • Calling our Statutory Planning Department on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
  • Visiting the Wonthaggi Customer Service Centre (76 McBride Avenue, Wonthaggi) between 10am and 3pm every Wednesday to speak to a planner (please note that a planner may not be available between 12pm-12:45pm).
  • Requesting a Pre-Application discussion (may include a telephone conversation, a face-to-face/virtual meeting or e-mail correspondence) before your formal planning permit application is lodged with Council. To ensure the meeting is beneficial, please ensure conceptual plans and photographs are provided along with a detailed outline of your proposal.