Skip to main content

Appealing a Planning Decision

If you disagree with Council's decision on a planning application, you can lodge an appeal with the Victorian Civil Administrative Tribunal (VCAT). Details are provided on the reverse side of the notice you will have received either as an applicant or a submitter to a specific planning permit application. Timelines for appeals do apply, so please read your copy of the notice carefully.

Council's decision on a planning application can be:

  • a Notice of Refusal
  • a Notice of Decision to Grant a Permit.
  • to issue a Planning Permit

Further details and information can be found on VCAT's website at or phone 1300 018 228.

Can't find what you're looking for and would like advice?

If you still have questions please contact our Planning Team on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211 to discuss your plans. Alternatively, a planner is available for assistance every Wednesday at the Wonthaggi Customer Service Centre (76 McBride Avenue, Wonthaggi) between 10am and 3pm.