Developing in a Farming Zone
Structures or Buildings requiring a permit in a Farming Zone
A structure or building requires a planning permit (or is prohibited) if it is within:
- 100 metres from a Transport Zone 2 (i.e. principal road network).
- 40 metres from a Transport Zone 3 (i.e. significant Council road).
- 40-100 metres from land in a Public Acquisition Overlay (please call our team if this applies)
- 20 metres from any other road.
- 5 metres from any other boundary.
- 100 metres from a dwelling not in the same ownership.
- 100 metres from a waterway, wetlands or designated flood plain.
For more information or to discuss your planning application, contact our Statutory Planning team by:
- Requesting a call back to speak to a planner (in most cases calls are returned on the same day and no later than 48 hours).
- Calling our Statutory Planning Department on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Visiting the Wonthaggi Customer Service Centre (76 McBride Avenue, Wonthaggi) between 10am and 3pm every Wednesday to speak to a planner (please note that a planner may not be available between 12pm-12:45pm).
- Requesting a Pre-Application discussion
(may include a telephone conversation, a face-to-face/virtual meeting
or e-mail correspondence) before your formal planning permit application
is lodged with Council. To ensure the meeting is beneficial, please
ensure conceptual plans and photographs are provided along with a
detailed outline of your proposal before lodging.