Skip to main content

Developing rural areas

Do I need a planning permit for a building on my rural property?

For more information or to discuss your planning application, contact our Statutory Planning team on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211 alternatively, a planner is available for assistance every Wednesday at the Wonthaggi Customer Service Centre (76 McBride Avenue, Wonthaggi) between 10am and
3pm (please note that a planner is not available between 12pm-12:45pm).

Pre-Application Service

Our pre-application discussion is an opportunity to speak with one of our Statutory Planners before your formal planning permit application is lodged with Council.

Pre-application discussions may include a telephone conversation, a face-to-face/virtual meeting or e-mail correspondence.

This service highlights the required information/plans/reports and is designed to comply with the Bass Coast planning regulations.

Please use the following link below to lodge a request: