Skip to main content

Changing the use of a land or building

Do I need a planning permit to change the use of my land?

A planning permit is generally required for a change of use application.

What are the fees for associated with lodging an application to change the use of my land?

Refer to Class 1 of the fee schedule on Council’s website for the applicable fee.

If development (buildings and works) is also proposed, the fee will consider this too.

Can't find what you're looking for and would like advice?

For more information or to discuss your planning application, contact our Statutory Planning team by:

  • Requesting a call back to speak to a planner (in most cases calls are returned on the same day and no later than 48 hours).
  • Calling our Statutory Planning Department on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
  • Visiting the Wonthaggi Customer Service Centre (76 McBride Avenue, Wonthaggi) between 10am and 3pm every Wednesday to speak to a planner (please note that a planner may not be available between 12pm-12:45pm).
  • Requesting a Pre-Application discussion (may include a telephone conversation, a face-to-face/virtual meeting or e-mail correspondence) before your formal planning permit application is lodged with Council. To ensure the meeting is beneficial, please ensure conceptual plans and photographs are provided along with a detailed outline of your proposal before lodging.