Our Bass Coast. Our Future.
What do you want for the future of Bass Coast? We want to hear from you!
Your ideas will help shape the Council Plan 2021-25, Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-25 long-term Community Vision and 10 Year Financial Plan.
There are a number of opportunities to have your say. We're holding in-person sessions, online Facebook Q&A sessions, an online survey and a paper survey where you can provide valuable feedback on what you would like to see for the future of Bass Coast. We’ll be asking for your feedback until the end of April.
- Corinella - Monday, 15 March, 6.30pm - 8.00pm, Corinella Hall (COVIDSafe Event Registration)
- Cape Paterson - Tuesday, 16 March, 6.30pm - 8.00pm, Cape Paterson Hall (COVIDSafe Event Registration)
- San Remo - Wednesday, 17 March, 6.30pm - 8.00pm, San Remo Recreation Centre (COVIDSafe Event Registration)
- Wonthaggi - Monday, 22 March, 6.30pm - 8.00pm, Wonthaggi Workmen's Club (COVIDSafe Event Registration)
- Kernot - Tuesday, 23 March, 11.00am - 12.30pm, Kernot Hall (COVIDSafe Event Registration)
- Rhyll - Wednesday, 24 March, 6.30pm - 8.00pm, Rhyll Mechanics Hall
- Cowes - Monday, 29 March, 6.30pm - 8.00pm, Phillip Island Football Netball Club social rooms
- Grantville - Tuesday, 30 March, 6.30pm - 8.00pm, Grantville Hall
- Inverloch - Wednesday, 31 March, 6.30pm - 8.00pm, Inverloch Community Hub Hall
- 23 March, 6.30pm - 8.00pm
- 13 April, 6.30pm - 8.00pm
Visit our Facebook page at these times and look out for the Q&A post, to suggest your ideas for the future of Bass Coast.
The Long Term Community Vision sets out the direction for what Bass Coast will look like in the year 2040.
The Council Plan outlines the actions that will be taken to work towards the Community Vision during the current Council Term.
The 10-year Financial Plan provides the detail on how investment will be made to deliver on both the Long Term Community Vision and the Council Plan.
The Health and Wellbeing Plan is an integrated plan that guides the work of Council and partner organisations to improve the health and wellbeing of the Bass Coast community.
Some emerging themes include:
· Tackling climate change and its impact on health
· Reducing injury in the community
· Preventing all forms of violence
· Increasing healthy eating
· Decreasing the risk of drug-resistant infections in the community
· Increasing active living
· Improving mental wellbeing
· Improving sexual and reproductive health
· Reducing tobacco-related harm
· Reducing harmful alcohol and drug use
· Healthy Ageing
· Accessible and inclusive environments
· Support vulnerable families / communities.