Time to review Communications and Engagement Strategy
Bass Coast Shire Council is reviewing its Communications and Engagement Strategy and wants to hear from the community.
The consultation period is open from Monday, 28 February until Saturday, 30 April and will include both online and in-person opportunities to provide feedback.
Bass Coast Shire Mayor, Cr Michael Whelan said that over the past two years, Council has had to adapt the way that it communicates and engages with the community.
“The pandemic required us to move a lot of our engagement online, which may have caused challenges for some, while being more accessible for others,” Cr Whelan said.
“We also needed to make some changes to how and when we communicate with our community.
“This review is your opportunity to tell us how you would like to hear from us, how often and the types of information we can provide to keep you updated. We also want to know what we need to do differently, or keep doing when it comes to engagement.”
The community can provide feedback using the online survey, or by attending a pop-up ‘listening post’ session during March.
“You can also complete a hard copy survey, which can be picked up from Council’s Customer Service Centres in Inverloch, Wonthaggi, Grantville or Cowes. Once completed, just pop it back into a Centre, or post it to PO Box 118, Wonthaggi, 3995,” Cr Whelan said.
“You can also chat to our team in person during March at one of the pop-up sessions being held across the Shire
“Every idea counts and we want to hear yours, so we can provide communication and engagement that meets our community’s needs,” Cr Whelan concluded.
In person engagement opportunities will be held on:
Thursday, 3 March
- Rhyll: 1/9 Beach Road (My Seaside Café) from 9.30am to 11.30am
- Cowes: 149 Thompson Avenue (PetStock) from 1.00pm to 3.30pm
Thursday, 10 March
- Grantville: Grantville Transaction Centre, 1504-1510 Bass Highway from 10.00am to 11.00am
- Corinella: 56 Smythe Street (General Store) from 11.30am to 12.30pm
- San Remo: 153-155 Marine Parade (Sanny Bakehouse) from 2.00pm to 3.00pm
Thursday, 17 March
- Inverloch: Inverloch Community Hub, 16 A’Beckett St from 9.30am to 11.30am
- Wonthaggi: Apex Park, Graham Street from 1.00pm to 3.00 pm
Friday, 18 March
- Inverloch Expo: Inverloch Community Hub, 16 A’Beckett Street from 4.00pm to 7.00pm
Tuesday, 22 March
- Kilcunda: 3535 Bass Highway (Kilcunda General Store) from 10.00am to 2.00pm
For more information on the Communications and Engagement Strategy review, please visit www.engage.basscoast.vic.gov.au/commsreview or contact Council’s Community Engagement Advisor on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.