Our Bass Coast. Our Future.
Bass Coast Shire Council will engage with the community throughout March and April, as part of its development of the Council Plan 2021-25, Long Term Community Vision and 10-year Financial Plan.
There will be a number of in-person sessions, online Facebook Q&A sessions, an online survey and a paper survey that the community can use to provide valuable feedback on what they would like to see for the future of Bass Coast.
The Long Term Community Vision sets out the direction for what Bass Coast will look like in the year 2040, the Council Plan outlines the actions that will be taken to work towards the Vision during the current Council Term, while the10-year Financial Plan provides the detail on how investment will be made to deliver on both the Long Term Community Vision and the Council Plan.
Bass Coast Shire Mayor, Cr Brett Tessari said that it is really important to give the community the opportunity to help shape these important documents.
“We want to know what the community wants to see in Bass Coast, not just now, but into the future as well,” Cr Tessari said.
“Long term planning is a huge part of Council’s role and it’s really important for us to get the community involved in setting the direction we will take over our four-year term.
“I would encourage everyone to consider having their say during the engagement period – we want to hear from young and old, residents, ratepayers, visitors – anyone who has an interest in what the future holds for Bass Coast,” Cr Tessari concluded.
Community drop-in sessions will be held at the following locations:
- Corinella Community Hall - Monday, 15 March, 6.30pm - 8.00pm
- Cape Paterson Community Hall - Tuesday, 16 March, 6.30pm - 8.00pm
- San Remo Recreation Centre - Wednesday, 17 March, 6.30pm - 8.00pm
- Wonthaggi Workmen’s Club - Monday, 22 March, 6.30pm - 8.00pm
- Kernot Hall - Tuesday, 23 March, 11.00am - 12.30pm
- Rhyll Mechanics Hall - Wednesday, 24 March, 6.30pm - 8.00pm
- Cowes Recreation Reserve (Phillip Island Football Club Social Rooms) - Monday, 29 March, 6.30pm - 8.00pm
- Grantville Community Hall - Tuesday, 30 March, 6.30pm - 8.00pm
- Inverloch Community Hub - Wednesday, 31 March, 6.30pm - 8.00pm
Online Q&A sessions will be held on Council’s Facebook Page on Tuesday, 23 March from 6.30pm to 8.00pm and on Tuesday, 13 April from 6.30pm to 8.00pm.
An online survey will be available at www.basscoast.vic.gov.au/ourfuture.
This round of engagement will conclude on Friday, 30 April. Deliberative engagement opportunities will occur prior to the Plans and Vision being presented to Council for adoption at the October Council meeting.
For more information, visit www.basscoast.vic.gov.au/ourfuture. To have a copy of the survey sent to you, please contact Council on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211 or email email@example.com.