Have your say on Living Young Plan
Bass Coast Shire Council is currently developing the Bass Coast Living Young Plan 2020-2024 - A Better Bass Coast for Children, Youth and Families.
The Plan will replace Council’s existing Municipal Early Years Plan and Youth Action Plan.
The Living Young Plan will aim to create a healthy, empowered and connected community with a strong sense of belonging, focussed on young people and their families.
Bass Coast Shire Mayor, Cr Brett Tessari, said Council is seeking community feedback from Bass Coast’s young people and their families to support the development of the Plan.
“We will be holding several pop-up consultation sessions in coming weeks. There will also be a survey, which can be completed online or in hard copy, for those who can’t make it to a session,” Cr Tessari said.
The pop up sessions will be held at the following locations:
- Bass Coast Agricultural Show on Saturday, 11 January from 9.00am to 4.00pm
- Inverloch Farmers Market on Sunday, 19 January from 9.00am to 12.00pm
- Wonthaggi Library on Tuesday, 21 January from 10.00am to 11.00am and from 12.00pm to 1.00pm
- Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre on Wednesday, 22 January between screenings at 12.00pm to 2.30pm, 4.00pm to 4.30pm and from 6.00pm to 7.00pm
- Island Foreshore Market in Cowes on Saturday, 25 January from 3.00pm and 8.00pm
- Grantville Market on Sunday, 26 January from 9.00am to 1.00pm
- San Remo Channel Challenge on Saturday, 8 February from 9.00am to 1.00pm
Cr Tessari said that it is important for young people, children and their families to have access to the services and facilities that meet their needs now and into the future.
“Through the development of this Plan, we will be able to make sure our younger community members can access services and facilities, while making sure that they and their families are given a strong voice in the community,” Cr Tessari said.
“We want to hear from our younger community members, to understand what is being done well now, what could be done better, what opportunities there are and the challenges young people and their families are facing.”
To pick up a hard copy of the survey, visit Council’s Customer Services Centres in Inverloch, Wonthaggi, Cowes or Grantville. To fill out the survey online or for more information on the Plan, visit www.basscoast.vic.gov.au/livingyoung or contact Council’s Social and Community Planning Team on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211.