Funding to improve access
Applications for the 2021 Building Disability Inclusive Businesses and Community Organisations Grant Program will open on Monday, 17 May.
Through this Program, Bass Coast Shire Council is offering grants of up to $1000 to increase the accessibility of local businesses or community organisations for customers, visitors, members or employees with disability.
To be eligible for this funding, a business or community organisations must:
- be located in Bass Coast
- develop a simple plan of intended actions to improve access and inclusion for people with a disability
- work in partnership with Council’s Access and Healthy Ageing Officer
Examples of potential projects could include:
- improvements to physical access (ramps, signage, accessible toilets, illuminate nosing strips for stairs, colour contrasting paint for way-finding)
- engage a consultant to deliver Disability Awareness Training at your next team/staff meeting
- create large print menus, flyers or promotions for people with vision impairment
- take part in an Access Assessment to become more accessible for people with complex communication needs
- develop a Disability Action Plan
- any other idea that you think will help people with a disability access your business/organisation more easily
Applications for this Program will close at 5.00pm on Friday, 25 June.
For more information on this Program, or to download the application form, visit www.basscoast.vic.gov.au/access, contact Council’s Access and Healthy Ageing Officer on 1300 BCOAST (226 278), (03) 5671 2211 or via the National Relay Service on 13 36 77 or www.relayservice.gov.au (for people with communication difficulties) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.