Work Experience, Apprenticeships & Traineeships
Traineeships & Apprenticeships
We are committed to offering a variety of Traineeship and Apprenticeship opportunities each year and offer you the chance to get hands-on experience while gaining a qualification. Students also have the opportunity to gain exposure to other services across Council while completing their Traineeship or Apprenticeship.
Traineeship and Apprenticeship positions are advertised here.
Work Experience & Placement
We offer work experience or work placement to students from approved educational institutions, such as secondary schools, TAFE and universities. Work experience or work placement is aimed at providing students with the opportunity to explore career options within Local Government while completing their studies.
The departments you may explore are:
- Customer Service
- Administration and Human Resources
- IT and Systems Development
- Finance, Rates and Accounting
- Gardening and Grounds Maintenance
- Road Construction, Road Maintenance and Mechanics
- Communications and Media Relations
- Visitor Information Services and Events Management
- Animal Control and Parking Inspection
- Art Centre and Cinema
- Sports and Recreation
If you are interested, please consider which departments or positions are of interest to you and contact our Human Resources Team on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. They will talk to you about your interests and which team is most suited to your aspirations.