Working for Victoria
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to announce we have received funding from the Victorian Government as part of the $500 million Working for Victoria initiative.
As part of this initiative we have received $4.3 million in funding to go towards gaining and retaining employment opportunities within our municipality. This equates to 101 jobs that will provide much-needed employment opportunities for our local economy and community, by focusing on providing important services across the municipality in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
The roles will span across a range of areas including infrastructure maintenance, environment, business/community support, asset management, customer service, human resources, transformation and technology and recovery and support.
If this is of interest to you, then you will need to sign up to the Working for Victoria recruitment platform. The platform will be used to match up job seekers with jobs relevant to their skills and experience.
Register for a job at https://www.vic.gov.au/workingforvictoria
What is Working for Victoria?
The Victorian Government has provided $500 million to the Working for Victoria initiative to help our community and contribute to Victoria’s ability to respond to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Bass Coast Shire Council has been granted $4.3 million to get people back in jobs, and to help stimulate the economy.
Applications are open to all Victorians who are unemployed at the time of applying. We encourage any Bass Coast residents who are currently unemployed to register for opportunities.
How do I apply for Working for Victoria Jobs?
1. Visit https://www.vic.gov.au/workingforvictoria and register on Sidekicker: tell us about your experience and the kind of work you’re looking for. You will receive an activation email when your registration is processed.
2. Be sure to fill out this form with as many different preferences as possible – eg Business Support: Administration will cover a number of roles including HR, Finance, Safety
3. Make sure that Wonthaggi is included in your location preferences – as this is our home base.
4. Use Sidekicker to access work opportunities – you will be sent roles that match your preferences
5. Apply for the jobs that suit your experience and preferences.
6. If you are shortlisted you will be contacted by a member of our team for interview.
What sort of positions do we have on offer?
Roles span across a wide variety of areas including: Finance, Infrastructure, Maintenance, Community Support and Recovery, HR, OHS, Asset Management, Projects, and much more.
All positions will be for 6 months, and to apply you must have Australian Working Rights.
When will these positions be starting?
Immediately! So don’t waste time, visit Working for Victoria today and register your interest.