Plant Maintenance Mechanic
- Replacement position
- Permanent Full Time
- $62,514 - $67,288 plus allowances plus superannuation
Do you have experience in the maintenance of operational plant and equipment and enjoy working in a dynamic environment?
Are you highly motivated, enjoy working in a team environment and want to make a positive difference in the community? Then this position is the job for you!
Bass Coast Shire Council strives to be an employer of choice, providing our employees with top tier employment conditions, flexible working arrangement and great lifestyle benefits.
Working in the Plant Management Team, this fabulous opportunity will have responsibilities including:
- Assist with planning and programming of plant maintenance and replacement
- Liaise with Team Leaders regarding quality and scheduling matters
- Purchasing of parts and materials, and engagement and supervision of sub-contractors, in accordance with Council’s purchasing procedures and guidelines.
- Undertake scheduled maintenance and repairs on Council’s plant and equipment
- Carry out pre-operation inspections and routine maintenance of plant and equipment
This position is a permanent full time position, primarily based out of the Wonthaggi Depot but may be required to work from various locations across the municipality.
The standard full time hours for this role are 7:00am – 4:00pm which includes one day off per fortnight.
To be successful in this role, you will have Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology and/or Certificate III in Automotive Diesel Engine Technology or equivalent.
If you possess a great work ethic, attitude and want to be a part of a team that develops the skills and abilities of its members, we would like to hear from you.
Applicants must address the key selection criteria, and attach a cover letter and resume.
For more details on this position you can download the Position Description or contact Mark Lewis, Team Leader Plant Management on 0407 740 015.
Applications close Sunday, 23 June 2019.