- Great career & Leadership opportunities
- Flexible working and great employee benefits
- Permanent Full Time
- $84,770.29 - $92,311.25 plus superannuation
As one of the fastest growing municipalities in Victoria, Bass Coast Shire Council offers you an opportunity to develop your career in a challenging and exciting working environment.
To support our growth, we are looking for a Design Engineer to join our Civil Design team, within council’s Infrastructure Delivery division.
You will be required to investigate, prepare, develop and manage engineering designs using civil design programs (12D Model) and computer aided drafting for projects such as rural and urban roads, footpaths, stormwater drainage systems and buildings.
Key responsibilities of the role include;
- Ensure the completion of detailed plans and engineering designs, using civil design programs and computer aided drafting, cost estimates and specifications for allocated projects in accordance with current engineering practices, standards, codes of practice and design briefs,
- project manage the delivery of assigned municipal civil engineering infrastructure and building works, and
- provide technical advice to both internal and external stakeholders.
It is expected that you will have strong project management experience to help the delivery of assigned municipal civil engineering and building works.
To be successful in this role it is desired that you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in the gathering of survey data and subsequent development of detailed engineering and building designs,
- Ability to interpret and review engineering and building construction plans, and
- Sound oral and written communication skills.
Join us and be part of a growing, constructive culture. We offer flexible working arrangements, work-life balance, leadership opportunities and excellent team work.
Applicants must address the key selection criteria, and attach a cover letter and resume.
For more details on this position you can download the Position Description or contact Craig Dinsdale, Coordinator Civil Design on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2259.
Applications close Sunday, 21 July 2019