• Great career & leadership opportunities
• Flexible working & great employee benefits
• Permanent Full Time
• $84,770.29 - $92,311.25 plus superannuation
As one of the fastest growing municipalities in Victoria, Bass Coast Shire Council offers you an opportunity to develop your career in a challenging and exciting working environment.
We are looking for a Civil Engineer to join our new Development Services team, responsible for assessing engineering impacts of new developments, checking and approving engineering design plans and supervising construction of new Council infrastructure through the planning and subdivision process.
We are interested in hearing from Engineers with a passion to apply their skills in the following areas:
• Checking engineering documentation including drawings and specifications relating to all private subdivisional developments to confirm compliance with relevant Council standards and requirements.
• Conducting subdivision site inspections to ensure works are being conducted in accordance and satisfaction of Council’s Infrastructure Design Manual (IDM) standards, endorsed construction plans and approved permits.
• Providing strategic planning advice with regard to asset planning and engineering requirements for future growth on development fronts.
It is expected that you will have strong judgement and decision making skills, the ability to provide professional advice to internal and external customers and the ability to achieve results within set timeframes.
Join us and be part of a growing, constructive culture. We offer flexible working arrangements, work-life balance, leadership opportunities and excellent team work.
Applicants must provide their resume and a covering letter (maximum 2 pages) specifying what they will bring to the position.
For more details on this position you can download the Position Description or contact Wayne Mack, Coordinator Development Services on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or 0466 716 620.
Applications close Sunday, 28 July 2019