Casual Arts Centre Technician
As one of the fastest growing municipalities in Victoria, Bass Coast Shire Council offers you an opportunity to develop your career in a challenging and exciting working environment.
Bass Coast Shire Council’s Casual Arts Centre Technician will take a lead role in the technical requirements of the Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre. This role will ensure the effective and efficient maintenance, management, and operation of all Centre facilities and activities.
Key responsibilities of the role include;
- Coordinate, control and conduct the set-up, preparation and operation of the facility and equipment, including lighting, sound and projection for all events occurring within the Centre.
- Maintain and supervise a schedule of maintenance and upkeep of the Centre’s facilities, spaces, and equipment.
- Liaise with and support users of the theatre, their stage and technical crews, and the Centre Management.
To be successful in this role it is desired that you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in arts/technician/film/screen/media or substantial experience within the industry
- A strong demonstrated experience in the management of a wide range of live audio performance, theatrical lighting and effects, and film systems and equipment.
- Experience in the operations of a performing arts venue, including rostering, training and supervision of technicians.
- The ability to work weekends and evenings on a roster basis.
If you are passionate about the Arts in our local area, have the ability to multitask, work flexible hours, provide exceptional customer service, and have appropriate qualifications or experience we would like to hear from you.
Applicants must attach a resume and a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) outlining why you are the right person for this role.
For more details on this position you can download the Position Description or contact Trevor Wyhoon, Centre Technician on 0435 205 825.