Capital Project Officer (Building and Open Space)
- New Position
- Full Time
- $84,770 - $92,311 plus superannuation
Working within the Infrastructure Delivery team you will coordinate, supervise, report and deliver on building, civil and open space capital-works projects, from inception to completion for existing and future Council assets.
You will be responsible the review and approval of designs, project briefs and other project management related documentation for building, civil and open space capital works projects.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Developing specifications in line with project briefs including peer review with appropriate officers
- Implementation and initiation of tender processes including project and contract management and administration functions relevant to these outcomes
- Providing service managers with professional advice in the development and implementation of future building, civil and open space programs
- Monitor progress of assigned projects to ensure that project timelines and budget requirements are met.
To be successful in this role you will have Degree or diploma in civil engineering/building construction, or related field, as well as relevant experience in the delivery of building and open space construction, maintenance and operational projects.
We offer flexible working arrangements, work-life balance and a culture built on leadership and team work.
Applicants must address the key selection criteria, and attach a cover letter and resume.
For more details on this position you can download the Position Description or contact Derek Peters, Coordinator Civil Construction on (03) 5671 2493.
Applications close Sunday, 29 September 2019