Building Maintenance Officers
Do you enjoy working outdoors and in a dynamic environment?
Are you highly motivated, enjoy working in a team environment, and want to have a positive impact in the community? Then this is the job for you!
From surfing to cycling to wining and dining and everything in between, Bass Coast provides the perfect balance of rural, residential and holiday lifestyles for all to enjoy- all with stunning backdrops of beaches, bushland and rolling hills.
We are a fast growing peri urban coastal shire with a strong focus on the balance of environment, economy and community. The environment is our economy.
Working in the Buildings and Facilities Maintenance Team, this fabulous opportunity will have responsibilities including:
- Responding to customer requests within the timeframe of the customer service charter and ensuring all relevant data and forms are completed;
- Carrying out investigations, and implementing a programme for regular auditing of Council owned buildings and structures;
- Undertaking building maintenance and minor capital works on Council owned assets; and
- Assisting with the coordination of Contractors, carrying out building maintenance works and minor capital works;
- Keeping an OHS focus on everything that you do.
We have 2 temporary full time positions available, 12 months and 7 months. The roles will be required to work from various locations across the municipality. The standard full time hours for this role are 7:00am – 4:00pm which includes one day off per fortnight.
To be successful in this role you will have a good understanding of service and OHS standards, have experience and technical knowledge in building maintenance, have the relevant licenses/certificates, and have the ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with the public.
If you possess a great work ethic and want to be part of a team that develops the skills and abilities of its members; and you have appropriate qualifications or experience, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, attach a short cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role, as well as your current resume.
For more details on this position you can download the Position Description or contact Rebecca Taylor on 0488 026 499
Applications close Sunday, 24 October 2021