Applying for a Position
The Position Description for each vacancy is available from the position's page and has been put together to provide you with information about the vacant position.
Preparing Your Application
Applicants should prepare the following information:
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter
Please note: Be sure to check the specific details of the job you are applying for, as some application processes may request further information such as addressing Key Selection Criteria.
The Cover Letter should include:
- The title of the position you are applying for; and
- A brief summary (approximately half a page) on why you are applying for the position and what qualifications and experience you have that are relevant to the position.
Has my application been received?
Upon applying for a position with us:
- You will receive email correspondence confirming your application has been received.
- Once the vacancy has closed you will receive email correspondence outlining the next steps of recruitment process and expected timelines.
- If you do not receive email correspondence from us acknowledging your application, please contact us on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211.
We will conduct pre-employment screening on nominated positions. Pre-employment checks may include: Police Check, Working with Children Check, Medical Checks, Eligibility to work in Australia and Visa verification checks.
Child Safe Statement of Commitment
Bass Coast Shire Council is committed to the safety and wellbeing of children.
We support and respect all children, as well as our staff, contractors and volunteers. Our organisation is committed to preventing child abuse by identifying risks early and intervening to address these risks. We are committed to the safety of all children, particularly those from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, children who are culturally and linguistically diverse, and those with varying needs and/or disabilities.