Applying for a Position
The Position Description for each vacancy is available from the position's page and has been put together to provide you with information about the vacant position. This is also where you will find the key selection criteria.
Applicants should prepare the following information:
- Current Resume;
- Cover Letter; and
- A separate document addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria.
The Cover Letter should include:
- The title of the position you are applying for; and
- A brief summary (approximately half a page) on why you are applying for the position and what qualifications and experience you have that are relevant to the position.
Applicants should address each of the Key Selection Criteria in a separate document. Key Selection Criteria can be found at the end of the Position Description.
Tips for successfully responding to Key Selection Criteria:
- Use two or three paragraphs per criteria to provide specific examples of experiences, training, skills and personal qualities that are relevant to the job you are applying for; and
- Use dot points to communicate examples clearly and easily.
Upon applying for a position with us;
1. You will receive email correspondence confirming your application has been received.
2. Once the vacancy has closed you will receive email correspondence outlining the next steps of recruitment process and expected timelines.
3. If you do not receive email correspondence from us acknowledging your application, please contact us on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211.
We will conduct pre-employment screening on nominated positions. Pre-employment checks may include: Police Check, Working with Children Check, Medical Checks, Eligibility to work in Australia and Visa verification checks.