Rates and Payments

Pension Concession Rebates

To be eligible for a pension concession the property must be the ratepayer’s principal place of residence and they must hold a valid concession card. Health Care Cards and unemployment benefits do not qualify for the concession.

For more information about concessions, please visit the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) website.

For 2017/2018 eligible pensioners will receive a Victorian Government rebate of 50% off their rates (maximum $223.80), plus an additional $50 rebate off their Fire Services Property Levy.

The following cardholders are eligible for a pension concession rebate:

  • DHHS (Centrelink) Pensioner Concession Card
  • Department Of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) Pensioner Concession Card
  • DVA Gold Repatriation Card - TPI
  • DVA Gold Repatriation Health Card - War Widow

To apply for concession, please complete the Municipal Rates Concession application form - PDF (124kb)  and return a signed original to Bass Coast Shire Council, or come into any of our Customer Service Centres in Wonthaggi, Inverloch, Cowes or Grantville for assistance.  

Alternatively, if you require a printed copy of the application form, please contact Council on 1300 BCOAST (1300 226 278) or (03) 5671 2211.

If you need more information a Pension Concession Fact Sheet is available or contact Council on the numbers above.




Text size